Minggu, 15 Februari 2015

Nat King Cole - Autumn Leaves

This is such a legendary song for my family. My grandpa used to sing this song when he was still living in Netherland everytime he missed his homeland. Then, my grandpa taught this to my mom, and according to my dad's story, she once sang this after they had a fight to calm herself down. Maybe that was why she liked singing this song when we were at the karaoke. When I hadn't known what this song meant to my family, I thought it was just a boring, old people song, but it strangely attracted my attention and I was unconsciously drawn to this song. Now, I always think about this song whenever I feel sad or feeling like remembering my mom. I'm also planning to make this song a 'soundtrack' for my upcoming story. Thank you, Nat King Cole, for coming up with such a song and for making my lonely days beautiful.

Autumn Leaves
By Nat King Cole

The falling leaves
Drift by the window
The autumn leaves
Of red and gold

I see your lips
The summer kisses
The sunburned hands
I used to hold

Since you went away
The days grow long
And soon I'll hear
Old winter song
But I miss you most of all
My darling
When autumn leaves
Start to fall

Since you went away
The days grow long
And soon I'll hear
Old winter song

But I miss you most of all
My darling
When autumn leaves
Start to fall



Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar