Minggu, 29 Maret 2015

A star named Twinkle

When I feel inconfident, I learn to remember this poem I wrote.

A star named Twinkle

The star was never the brightest
Yet his name laid within folklores and songs
His light of dust was a tint of blue
Everyone knew his name

His friends mocked
"Twinkle, Twinkle little star!"
Thus he was said to be small
But never he had actually been

Too long had he lived in everyone's word
Too much had he thought of himself
That he was what people told him

He looked down to a mirroring pond
In tears, he sang the damned song
"Twinkle, Twinkle, ....little star
How I wonder...what you are?"

The poor thing was clouded by loneliness
"Up above the sky, so high..."
But he soon smiled as he sang the next words
"Like a diamond...in the sky"

He laughed at himself, realising that
The song was no mockery at all

"Twinkle, Twinkle,...
I'm a little star
But I'm too
A diamond of the sky!"

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar